Search This Blog

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Regional

I can't quite figure out the logic used to decide which NFL games are shown in the Roanoke market. The Redskins are always shown over anyone else. But why aren't the next two closest teams (Carolina and Baltimore) always shown as well? Carolina is the closest NFL team by about 60 miles and I would imagine have some following in the region (although I'm not personally a fan). Baltimore is also fairly close (although I could see Pittsburgh or Cincinnati also making some sense).
Instead of having any of those games, we had Jets at Miami and St. Louis at Philadelphia. What possible sense do either of those games make? I guess the premier of Favre for the Jets had some intrigue nationally, but the premier of Joe Flacco was just as interesting to me.

No comments: