Search This Blog

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Free

While pulling in the recycling bin the other day, I spied a Natty Light can in the grass near the side of the street. Darn kids. I picked it up to throw it in the bin and noted that it was full. Free beer! Natural Light is not exactly a gourmet beer, but I don't mind it in the summer because basically it is hop-flavored water. I picked it up, took it inside, washed it off and put it in the mini-fridge (college!) A few hours later, it was cold and, boy, was it tasty.

My wife was appalled that I would drink a beer that I found on the curb, but I don't see the problem at all. It is in a can so I'm not going to get some kind of contamination (especially if poured in a glass). Anytime someone wants to throw full beer cans on my lawn, please feel free. I especially wouldn't mind Amstel or something similar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know you come from a frugal family, but this is ridiculous. You'll have to see how my poll goes, if anyone does it.

dsbowers said...

OK, Rob, I'm not sure you mentioned last night that it was a Natural Light. I'm no beer snob, but that one I would have thrown out!