Search This Blog

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Outage

Yesterday at lunch I went over to Ukrops on Franklin Road. They have an interesting and varied selection of foods available for lunch and a nice cafe with Wifi to sit in and eat. I was planning on calling my wife when I got there to see if she wanted to stop by and join there.

However, when I arrived, I noticed that half the lights in the store were off and there was a note that said they were unable to sell perishable goods because of a power failure. This is the second time in a few months that I've seen this happen at this store. The grocery business has notoriously small margins and I would imagine that not being able to sell high profit ready-made foods on a Friday would ruin their week. I wonder what is going on over there?

No comments: