Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Slosh


I'm one of the world's worst swimmers. Despite my long limbs and reasonable aerobic capacity, I'm the anti-Phelps. Since I can't run, I've been swimming a lot more and I'm making slow, painful progress. Once in a while, I get something right and I start to think about other stuff while I'm swimming and it feels easy. Then I get tired and start thinking about my stroke again and it all falls apart.

My goal this winter is to be able to swim a mile without stopping. It doesn't have to be fast (and it won't be), but that would put me in a sort of swimming elite - if I were a Boy Scout, I'd even be able to earn a badge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can swim a mile--and we'll get you a badge for your gym bag. That's 1700 yards or 68 lengths or 34 laps. That workout chart at the RAC breaks it down and you can incorporate kicking and strokes. easy peasy.