Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Plasma

Over the holidays, I bought the family an flat-panel HDTV - a Panasonic Viera TH-42PX80U. There wasn't anything wrong with the 32" Sanyo that had been doing yeoman's work in our family room since 2000. But after years of seeing them in bars and other people's homes and noticing that the prices had gotten below $1000, I decided to take the plunge.

I'm quite glad I did. I'm not a big TV watcher, but I do watch my share of sports (my wife would say more than my share). The worst part is that now I really miss HD clarity and detail in regular definition. The HD picture is unbelivably sharp and bright and you see stuff you never noticed before. I'm hoping that lacrosse coverage on ESPNU this spring is going to be in HD, but I don't think they have it quite yet.

No comments: