Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Finnished

It is well documented that Nokia is struggling and now I have a clue why. I found a great offer online where they would take a phone trade-in and give you $130 off of a new X6 16GB Drivers Edition phone. Since we are planning a trip to Costa Rica, I thought this might be a cheap way to get a SIM-unlocked phone that had a decent camera and navigation that we wouldn't care if it got stolen or broken on the trip.

After going through the trade-in process and finding that my old T-mobile Dash and Blackberry were worth about $90 + $130 rebate meant that the phone would only be about $55 out of pocket, I was pretty excited. So I went over to the Nokia store and tried to by the phone. No dice. It wouldn't allow me to add it to the cart although the site said it was in stock. No big deal. I'll call the 866 number and just order it over the phone. They don't answer the phone until 10:00 AM on Saturday.

So, I'm annoyed with the Finns now and understand why they have been struggling. Wasting a potential customer's time is not a good way to gain market share.

No comments: