Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Five


While the wife was off doing something mature, I had a great day imitating a four (almost five) year-old with a drivers license and a credit card. We started the day by getting up late and wrestling for a while. Then we took the dog on a walk and hunted down bad guys in the neighborhood. Afterwards, we went to McDonald's for lunch and got a cool Star Wars toy that led right into the main event - an early showing of Clone Wars.

Although it has been throughly dissed by most of the movie reviews out there, I had a good time. OK, the plot was pretty transparent and the animation wasn't that impressive, but there were some pretty cool battle scenes (most of the movie). Maybe it is something best seen with a kid. My son had a great time and exclaimed "That was the best movie I've ever seen!" when we got to the parking lot.

Even after that, I did one more kid activity (I fixed a bike). Then it was on to yard work and I was a 30something once again. Which reminds me, it's back to work tomorrow.

No comments: