Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Slug

The marathon training took a hit over the past couple of weeks due to a combination of injury and travel (i.e. laziness). I think I have a mild case of plantar fasciitis. The pain is more in the arch of my foot than the heel, but it seems to match up in other respects. I have had a lot of stiffness in my legs during and after running, so I'm going to try to treat it with some better stretching, acetiminaphen and some ice. Wearing flip-flops for the past week certainly didn't help. If it doesn't respond, I'll make a appointment with the doctor.

The best thing about having a marathon on the horizon is that it forces you to train smart - you want to be in good shape, but it is more important to be pain free. 26.2 on a bad wheel is no fun at all.

No comments: