Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Boys Will Be

Yesterday morning, I took Jack and a friend over to their lacrosse practice. We got them all armored up and sent them out there. Sophie and I took a bucket of balls and did some shooting over on the next field and I'd occasionally take a look over to see what was going on over there.

Mayhem. I thought it was tough to have a big group (30+) of elementary aged girls out there, but a similar sized group of slightly younger boys (U9) seems to degenerate into some kind of all vs. all melee. It took all the efforts of 4 grown men to keep a semblance of organization.

The kids have a great time and I'm grateful to the coaches for keeping the herd in line. Plus, I could see signs of hope on the next field over where the U11 boys were practicing. That looked more like lacrosse and less like WWE.

No comments: