Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ready to Rumble

The Bath County Triathlon is this weekend so I wanted to do one last race simulation. I'm definitely not in good shape and the 600+ miles of driving this weekend didn't help. Despite my apprehension, it went a whole lot better than last time.

The only problem was the timing of my trip to the RAC. I couldn't get out at lunch so I had to wait until about 2PM when the usual afternoon thunderstorms were moving in. My swim was curtailed due to thunder. I did manage to get 8 laps in so it wasn't a total waste (about half the race distance). It was a tough call to ride outside but I decided to go for it because riding the exercise bike is painfully boring. After a short swim, I was strong on the bike and the storm cooperated, staying to the north for almost the entire ride. I got rained on at the very end of the 13 miles, but it felt pretty good with less than one mile to go. Next was a 5k on the treadmill. My legs were sturdy and I was able to do a respectable training pace (23 minutes).

A quick stretch and shower afterward and I was home in a little over 2 hours elapsed time. Hopefully, I'll feel as good on June 19th.  

No comments: