Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Hit By A Train

The Bath County Triathlon is fast approaching and my carpe sofa lifestyle isn't helping me right now. I went to the RAC today to get a little training in. Since I was a slug yesterday, I figured I would try to do a race simulation today to get a gauge on my fitness. I brought Ruby with me and was planning on a nice outside ride and then running on the treadmill. It wasn't pretty.

In a break from normal routine, the swim was actually the best part for me. I swam 20 laps (1000 yards) and felt pretty darn good getting out of the water. It wasn't fast (24 minutes) but I'll take it. I dried off and hustled outside to get my bike. The ride didn't start off too well as I had to stop a couple of times for lights, traffic and railroad crossings. I went down from the RAC on 615 for a bit which has a number of sharp climbs on it. I knew it wasn't going to be fast due to heat and terrain, but the 13 miles took me 50 minutes and I was pretty tired afterward. From there, I went back inside and ran 5k on the treadmill. My legs were dead and I could only keep an 8 minute pace.

After finishing, I went into stretch and my back was killing me. I did a few things to loosen it up, but nothing was working (trying beer now). Hopefully, that was just a bad day. My stomach has been not feeling great today and I didn't sleep well last night, so I'll chalk it up to that and hope things go better in a week.

No comments: