Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Installing CM7 on SD Card

Although I had rooted my Nook Color a long time ago, I wanted to try something different so I installed CM7 on an SD card and loaded it into my Nook yesterday. Long story short: it works. I haven't had much of a chance to do much with it, but I was pretty impressed in the hour or two I did play with it last night. I did have a chance to install the Nook app and it does work quite well.

I followed the well written instructions by Ana Mardoll for the most part except since I already rooted it, I wanted to revert back to the stock firmware before doing anything else. To do that, I followed the well written instructions at The Unlockr

Although the instructions were well written, it did take a few tries to get everything to come together. My SanDisk 16 GB Class 2 microSDHC card was disliked by the process. People recommend class 4 cards for the Nook and I now understand why.

No comments: