Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Installing Google Talk Plugin on openSUSE 11.4

I ran into a strange problem today when trying to install the Google Talk Plugin. I opened up Gmail and tried to call a phone from the page. This showed the usual call dialog and prompted me to download and install the plug-in.

From the plug-in page, I selected the RPM for openSUSE 64-bit and let it run. After entering my password, it said the installation was completed successfully. Selecting call a phone from the Gmail page prompted me to download the plugin again. Hmmm...

I quit Firefox and restarted it with the same result. I restarted the system and it was not in about:plugins. I got it to finally work by going to YaST Software Management and removing the plugin. I then stopped Firefox and reinstalled it from YaST. That did the trick and it is working now.

No comments: