Search This Blog

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Maybe Next Year


Almost 3 years ago, I bought an Archos Gmini 400 mp3 and video player and it is still going strong. This review on Engadget is quaint (all the theoretical discussion of the to-be-announced video iPod) and it is amazing how far portable music (multimedia?) players have come in three years. You can read my original review here when it seemed almost revolutionary to have your entire music collection on a portable player.


I probably won't replace it until I can get a phone that will store all of my music. That is really the holy grail for me - one device with all communications and music. I've got a T-Mobile Dash (AKA HTC Excalibur) which is fine for phone calls and email but can only store 2GB of music. Not nearly enough to avoid having to reload it every week. Maybe next year...




No comments: