Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Not Nostradamus


I'm not Nostradamus. Although I picked the Giants to win the Superbowl (and I have the Tradesports transactions to prove it), I thought they were doomed when they kicked a figgie in the first drive instead of going for the touchdown. My friends watching the game with me gave me a hard time about that call, but I really do believe most NFL teams are way too conservative when it comes to kicking inside the opponents 20 yard line. I should crunch the numbers to find out.
The game was very exciting to watch and wasn't over until the very last minute. Excellent game. However, even though Eli Manning played very well, he didn't deserve the MVP. The defensive line of the Giants deserved that honor because they were the ones who kept the Pats offense in check. Why do the quarterbacks always get the MVP?

No comments: