Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bags


An airline I'm not familiar with is planning on charging for carry-on bags. I'm OK with this idea. Charging for checked bags has had the predictable consequence of increasing the amount of carry on luggage. When I travel for business, I carry on for efficiencies sake and it is really annoying to not have enough room in the overheads because everyone is trying to save a buck or two. I don't blame the people, I blame the airlines for the pricing structure.

When I travel with my family, we will check bags and it is annoying to have to pay (if not on Delta where I'm a frequent flier). If you had to pay the same in either case, it would encourage people to do what makes the most sense for their travel plans and luggage requirements. If you really don't need any luggage, then you shouldn't have to pay for it.

No comments: