Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Victory

We had another game against Hidden Valley last night at Green Hill Park. That is one lovely place. It is also at the other end of the valley and takes a while to get to from the Bubble. I arrived a couple of minutes later than I would have liked and had to jump right in to roster mania.

The game went well. From the little of the game I watched, I saw some nice plays and a lot more passing than we featured in previous games. Our goal-tending was also much improved as the goalies now have a little more action under their belts and look like they know what they are doing now. I think HV was a little flat and didn't seem as energetic as the last time we played them, but they are still a good team with a lot of offensive firepower. We won 14-10.

I was on roster duty and I thought I was going to loose it. Maybe it had something to do with getting over there after a fairly busy day in the office, but I was definitely on edge about all of the people wanting to play wing (why girls who don't like to run want to go into a position that is well suited for a Tarahumara is beyond me). I tried to be equitable and we got some goals from a bunch of different people, so I think it worked out well.

No comments: