Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

Fuel

On my way down to Blacksburg this morning, I had to fuel up the Jetta TDI.  The mileage wasn't as good as last time: we got 435 miles out of 13.5 gallons which is an average of 32.2 MPG. Probably because of more city and less highway driving. Anyway, the overall cost per mile was still very good at $0.089.

I had a little bit of hassle finding diesel today. I was on my way and noticed that I needed to fuel up, so took an exit that I know has a couple of gas stations towards Salem. The first one, Exxon, had diesel but there was a guy there filling up a big truck, so I figured I'd keep going. The next one didn't have diesel at all so I turned west down 460 to a Chevron maybe half a mile down the road. They had diesel in this crazy old pump off to the side that was surrounded by a big oil slick and assorted mechanical debris. At least you don't have to fill this car up very often.

No comments: