Search This Blog

Thursday, April 8, 2010

O boy

I watched the first couple of Orioles games this week and I'm worried. I didn't have high expectations, but I was hoping for .500 in a very tough division. If they can't beat the Rays in a series, who are the going to beat in the AL East (besides the Blue Jays, of course)?

The opening game loss was the hardest because the new big bucks closer blew it. The second was all about Longoria having a great night (which he will have many of). But the O's are going to need some luck this year and they just didn't have it in two games that they could have won.

I know we are only 1/80 of the way through the season and there were many positive things about the games (Millwood and Guthrie both pitched reasonably well, Jones looks very comfortable at the plate and Tejada might actually be able to play a competent third base) but a team like this needs to win some close ones to get momentum.

No comments: