Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday Night Lacrosse

We had another game against Hidden Valley this evening. It was a gorgeous evening - cool and a bit breezy with a lot of sun. We had an excellent turnout with about 25 girls out there. Unfortunately, Hidden Valley didn't have their best players so it was rather one-sided. I was the roster manager tonight, so I didn't get to see much of the game because I was focused on making sure we got everyone in the rotation. From what I saw, we played well and won. I don't know exactly what the final score was but I think it was something like 8-5. 


 

I did get my fill of watching a game as the guest coach for the middle school team (the regular coach was out of town on business). Most of them were on our elementary school team over the past few years, so we knew each other. We had one sub and everyone understood what positions they liked and were good at. People that don't like to run understand that they don't want to play midfield and those that are good defenders play defense. I shouted a bit and gave some basic instruction but for the most part, I was just a bystander. They played very well on both ends and won 8-3 with the three Hidden Valley tallies coming in the second half when the outcome was not in doubt (although one of their goals was a pretty sweet backhanded shot right at the end of the game). It was great fun to see some of my old players again. Hopefully, I'll see them again next year.

No comments: